Wednesday 14 May 2008

Closet Feature: Obi Aid & White Obi

They're being eaten!!! My mantou are being eaten!! *dies from shock* MeiZi ate one (or maybe two, judging from how many have disappeared from the plate) and I ate 3 for lunch, and James took one. Now there are only 12 left o_O

I'm surprised they actually dared to eat them (they're not visually appetizing at all) but both MeiZi and James ate them and said they were good. I don't know, I just can't get that yeasty flavour out of my head (and tastebuds). Oh well...

I really don't know what to do with them. The crusts have hardened slightly already, and microwaving them makes the crust tougher. Maybe I should re-steam them instead...
*snorts* I bought a new 4pint bottle of milk yesterday and over half of it is gone. Guess that shows how much I love drinking milk.

I tried using one of my biyo sugata today. It was a simple, easy one which I will use mainly for otaiko musubi with a nagoya obi. It looks like this:
It works really well!! The fastest otaiko I've ever tied. Usually I take about 15mins to get it on. With this thingy, it only took me 8-10mins! The only problem is that I can't figure out how to use it so that the picture appears in front, because it's usually hidden under the second wrap around the waist. Oh well... I'll keep experimenting till I find a way to do it! Otherwise, I may have to use this only for obi which have constant patterns and leave the plain ones with one large pattern to my other more complicated biyo sugata.

Also, I have good news! After searching for one for months, I have finally won a plain white nagoya obi!! *squeals in delight* Here are a couple of pictures of it:


Ooooh, I can't wait to receive it!! It'll most certainly go with nearly all of my dark-based/colourful kimono. I may even put it next to one of my unmatchable kimono to see what it'll turn out like! *excited*

Oooooh I've really got to learn how to transfer pictures from my phone to my laptop! ;_;


No comments: