Saturday 21 March 2009

First Day of Spring!

Today is the first day of Spring! I must say, with the weather being as nice as it is (all sunny and warm, mmmm!) it really does feel like Spring has come :)

Whenever anyone asks what my favourit season is, it will always be Spring. Many of my favourite flowers bloom around this time of the year (sakura, wisteria, daffodils..) and best of all, it's the season for butterfly motifs on kimono! :D

But seriously, I do love Spring the most. What isn't there to love? It's that time of the year when everything comes out of hibernation! I love the feel of the air when everything is stirring and coming to life again. I love it when every week is a little warmer than the last. I love the smell of green and freshness in the slight breezes that pass by my window. I love the faint buzzing sound of insects in the background. I love the crisp, cool air and faint flowery perfume that wafts past my face as I walk along the paths in the park or garden. I love it when I open my windows to the bright, sunny afternoon, and let a slightly cool breeze into my room while I clear up and clean everything.

The one thing I love most about Spring is the peace that fills me whenever I take a break from whatever I'm doing to appreciate what I'd listed above. That pure sensation of peace that envelops me completely when I open my window wide and just sit by the windowsill, staring out into my backyard, enjoying the sun on my face and the homely sounds of insects buzzing and children playing in the background. *sighs happily* No other season ever makes me feel this way, except perhaps early and late summer.

If I could, I would live in England from March till July, and spend the rest of the year at home haha. Just so I will always be able to feel this peaceful!


No comments: