Thursday 6 November 2008

*grumbles*

Have you ever felt really frustrated by your coursework groupmates?

I certainly am. For one of my module's coursework, I was assigned to a group of 6 students by my lecturer. It was all fine and dandy at first, but as time went on, I came to realise only 3 of us were actually doing things. The others have contributed just about nothing (two of them went to interview the client and relayed it back to us, but nothing else) for our report (which I'm supposed to put together!!!!) and I'm sick of arranging meetings where only half of us turn up and actually do the work. It's irritating to have to do a coursework for people who don't do anything. But I guess that's life *sigh*.

It's getting really busy now. I've got to finish up one coursework (well, checking my group's English so that the report makes sense!) by tonight so that we can do the presentation in two weeks. The coursework I was complaining about has an interim report due this Friday (OMG STRESS!!) while I have another report to finish by the same day so that I can hand it in on Wednesday. Not to mention my dissertation..... I've got to write the introduction and the literature review, which means reading a pile of books and articles and reviewing them and their authors *sigh*.

Speaking of that, I was discussing with my dissertation supervisor yesterday about doing a Master's degree. I'm not entirely sure if I should or not... It's expensive, and I don't know if I'll be able to get in, but I did promise him that I'd give it a think. I would, of course, try to apply for either LSE or Imperial College's Tanaka Business School. I did think of applying for London Business School after working for a while, but I dunno.. It depends on whether I'm good enough, and if I'm not married or not by then (hahaha tough luck on that happening). If I do further my studies after this, my resume would look good though. I mean, graduating at age 21 with a Master's degree under my belt already? Nyehehehe.... Hopefully it'll get me a good job, although job prospects aren't exactly good right now. Still, I'm really hoping I can get a good job without a Master's...

*sighs* We all can dream, can't we?


No comments: