Sunday 6 April 2008

Sugar cookies!

I just finished baking a batch of sugar cookies!! And they're not bad, too ^__^ James came downstairs when the last tray was in the oven, and he took one of the cooled ones to try. Then he took a warm one. Then he took another one from the last tray (just out of the oven). I didn't keep track of how many he ate, but I think he took at least 8 cookies in the 10 minutes we were talking! Glad to know my cookies are addictive :P

Anyway, just thought I'd post the recipe (so I don't lose it lol):
-Cream 225g of butter and 1 1/2 cups of sugar till smooth.
-Beat in 1 egg and 1tsp vanilla extract. I added abit more vanilla.
-Add in 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1tsp baking soda.
-Gradually mix in 2 3/4 cups flour (I did this in batches of 1/2 cups and one 3/4 cup).
-Roll into balls and place on a greased tray.
-Bake for 9-11mins in an 190C oven.

In the website I got it from, the recipe originally said about 8-10mins and the reviewers said 8mins is good for chewy cookies, but I like mine crunchier, so I put them in for about 11mins each tray. Also, just a little warning - these cookies are really really sweet, so if you're baking them for people who don't have a very sweet tooth, I recommend leaving out 1/4 to 1/3 cups of sugar.

Okay, I went out in kimono today. I'm lazy to write about it now so I'll post about it tomorrow. Bye!


5 comments:

zhen said...

*thinks Cough
*thinks cookies
*thinks bad for throat

Excuse me ma'am, what are you doing? Pls take care of yrself!

luv,
zhen

Priscilla said...

Hee!! Zhen, want some cookies? Come over today and I'll give you some :P

Yeah, I've been taking care of myself (riiight). Been swallowing Beechams cough syrup like mad!! Now my throat's looaaads better ^___^

Last night, I woke up cos I was coughing quite badly, so I took another dose of the syrup. Don't worry, I'm not overdosing :P yet lol. It's still safe for me to take another 4 doses until 10pm tonight.

Topher said...

*puts hands in the cookie jar and grabs some cookies*

nyehahaha

=3

zhen said...

Its okie dearie, I needa stay here and mug :( and I've been baking too! starting to get sick of eating baked goods. esp when u know how much oil/butter/sugar goes inside. hahaa

Topher said...

ooook. both your sis and your blog really knows how to make readers drool over the end product.

speaking of which, its reminding me to brush up my rusting baking skills, and worst of all i could only bake brownies

=(