Friday 9 September 2011

Closet Feature: Pink & White/Black Hanhaba Obi

I've been trying to keep up with my recent streak of posts, but unfortunately I don't have much of an interesting life to blog about. I've been using my free time to clean my room or experiment with cooking, so I haven't really been concentrating much on practicing my kitsuke much ^^;;

Soooo...... I'm afraid that for a while at least, you guys will have to put up with some frequent posts on closet features and book/magazine scans! ^^;

Today's post is on one of my absolute favourite obi of all time! It's a polyester hanhaba obi that's pink on one side, and black-and-white on the other.

Butterfly hanhaba obi


The pink side has a woven pattern of interlocking latticework, while the other side has a white base and a pattern of vines, flowers and butterflies worked into it in black.

I'd bought this obi from a YJA seller on a whim over three years ago, but never wore it because it looked too modern for my collection then - or so I thought. Slowly, I began to find things that actually matched pretty well with the obi, and before I knew it, it became one of my most frequently used obi!

Here are a few pics of my favourite coordinates with this obi:

Hanabi yukata - "Cute" taste

Sleepover Night: GAMP & Kimono


This obi is one of my favourites for pairing with navy blue yukata :D But it also matches really well with just about any shade of blue, and looks incredibly sweet against white.

(My favourite side is the pink side ^^;; I think I've only ever used the white side once hahaha)


2 comments:

AikoVenus said...

So cute! I really love the navy blue one. I've been thinking of making my own obi and kimono..but I'm stuck between that and making a hanbok.

Priscilla said...

Haha thanks! I understand your problem deciding - I like hanbok too! ^^;;